Mortal Citizens May 2022 - Skarkrak, orruk explorer

Here's my entry for May's #mortalcitizens challenge, took me a bit longer than expected to finish this miniature. The theme for this month is Explorer and I think I found a very fitting model in my collection.

Skarkrak is an orruk explorer who's always on the move, delving into the ruins and caves of the mortal realms to find "shiny fings".

 




 

The model in question is an "Orc Raider with Torch", which was a Mail Order exclusive miniature released nearly 15 years ago. This description is from the 2009 Citadel Available to Order catalogue:

When Orcs aren’t fighting the enemy, they’re usually fighting each other. When they’re not fighting at all, they’re probably making off with the enemy’s loot or ransacking their villages. This metal model is another classic from the talented hands of Seb Perbet.

Comments