Mortal Citizens Dec 2022 - Snek, Snotling Thief

My last entry for #mortalcitizens 2022 is one of the original C14 snotlings, a sneaky git named Snek. The theme for December was Ruffian/Criminal, so of course I had no problem finding a fitting greenskin.

Snek is always skulking around, eager to pinch any valuables that he can find.








I absolutely adore this miniature, it was sculpted by the Goblinmaster himself, Kev Adams. It's one of the largest snotlings from this range and definitely deserves it's own base. Brett Gleed found a fantastic use for this fellow in his Mordheim warband.
It was actually quite difficult to get good pictures of this nasty skulker, but I think they turned out quite good.

This model is my fourth entry for Dave Stone's Paint What You Got Challenge.

Comments

  1. Excellent work Snapfit, it's a very characterful snotling

    ReplyDelete
  2. We find out now and start following your blog. Very clean painting for your snotling and successful skin tone. We love this greenskins' malevolent expression! How tall is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R & D, I appreciate it!
      The miniature itself is about 2cm tall and I put it on a 25mm base.

      Delete
  3. Very green and sneaky indeed. It's got a Golden Axe-y vibe about it too (and I like it!). Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now that you say it, it does look like one of those goblins that you had to hit in order to gain loot in Golden Axe. Love that game, a true classic!

      Delete
  4. Love him and great painting too - having spent three days prepping all the Snotlings in my collection I've come across this model several times and he is quite a bit bigger - he looks great based on his own like this but also provides a nice bit of height variation in a swarm! I'm currently mulling a skin tone for mine and really like the green you went with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure he'll look great in a swarm too! I used Orruk Flesh as the base colour, shaded it with Mantis Warriors green, then basic highlights with Orruk Flesh again and Nurgling Green for the most raised areas.

      Delete

Post a Comment