Goblin encampment - Season of Scenery

My entry for Dave's season of scenery challenge is the goblin encampment from Scotia Grendel. I managed to paint two tents and a cart, the remaining two tents and the campfire will have to be painted some other time.


I really like the sculpts, they are nicely textured and lend themselves to Contrast paints so the painting process was rather quick. I experimented a bit on the patchwork of the cart and thought about painting all tents in that style, but in the end it was taking too much time and the single coloured leather looks good as well.




For the main colour of the tents I used Snakebite Leather, I think I overdid it a bit on the first one (too many splotches). The second one turned out a lot better in my opinion.






The next post will be the ogre for Roger's "Paint what we’ve all got" challenge. I already received the model and I'm very much looking forward to painting it - Dave did a fantastic job sculpting it.

Comments

  1. Fantastic looking scenery Snapfit, the Scotia stuff has some nice deep detail, and the contrast paints have worked well on it, I do like the different colours on the cart, but the tents work just as well, could be they hunted and skinned a large herd of the same animal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Dave! I'm quite happy with the results myself, even if I did not bother highlighting. Without Contrast paints it would have taken much longer to get this result.
      That's a very fitting in-world explanation for the same coloured tents, maybe the goblins only managed to hunt a lot of small critters, haha :D
      Maybe I'll try different colours on the remaining tents when I'm able to invest more time on painting.

      Delete
  2. Fits the goblins alright! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm sure they like their new homes, haha

      Delete

Post a Comment