Savage Ogre - Paint What We've All Got

This month it's time for the "Paint What We've All Got" challenge, hosted by Roger. The aim of the challenge is for all participating bloggers to paint the same model - a savage ogre. The model was sculpted by Dave Stone specifically for this challenge and it's a truly amazing miniature.

Funnily enough I've always wanted an ogre in prehistoric style to go alongside my Savage Orcs/Bonesplitterz, so I was very happy when the results of the poll came in - and later on when Dave showed what he sculpted. The model was a joy to paint and in the end I added some decals from the Bloodbowl Ogres kit as tattoos (symbol of the Great Maw on the belly and a fist on its back) to tie it in with my Ogor Mawtribes.




As regular readers of this blog will know I'm not only a collector of  greenskins, but also ogres from different manufacturers and eras. This savage ogre fits in nicely with my existing collection, especially the more old-school ogres that I own. In the picture below you can see it next to classic and modern GW ogres/ogors (right) as well as one from DragonRune miniatures (left).  It's a very large model and will work perfectly as a leader of an ogre warband.

Thanks for stopping by and special thanks to Roger for hosting the challenge and Dave for sculpting and casting this amazing piece.



Comments

  1. Fantastic job on the Ogre Snapfit, clever use of the transfer sheet, and will help tie it in with your existing models. Glad you enjoyed painting it, and it looks great with a sample of your other Ogres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Dave! Since I'm not very good at freehanding, the transfer sheets are a blessing, haha :D

      Delete
  2. Smashing work mate, have added your entry to the round up post, thanks for taking part.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work there! :-) I like the tattoos! And he fits in really well with your other figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool challange, miniature and painting. I like the tattoos the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun participating in the challenge, it was great.

      Delete

Post a Comment