Boglars!

Ever since I've read about swamp goblins living in the Marshes of Madness in the 6th edition WHFB Orcs & Goblins army book, I've wanted to build a force of boglars. Boglars are amphibious greenskins that dwell in swamps and marshes, thus sharing their habitat with River Trolls, Fimir and the like.

A few years ago I stumbled upon the fantastic goblin range of 4A Miniatures and decided they would make for perfect boglars. As always, it took way too long to get one of the miniatures painted, but now I'm proud to present the leader of the Mudskipper (aka Boghoppaz) tribe on his elegant steed:






The boglar's mount is a Warborn Toad from Shieldwolf Miniatures which I got from their Forest Goblins Kickstarter. I really like the sculpt, it looks like a cross between a toad and a squig - a perfect mount for a swamp goblin.

In a future post I will present a few River Trolls (or should I say Fellwater Troggoths) that will join the ranks of Da Boghoppaz, as well as a large monster that will carry the boglars into battle.

Comments

  1. Oh love those boglars! The only monstrous mount I have for mine is the reaper miniatures beholder that David Powell used on his grinning loon blog. I always liked that combo, but the frog fits them even better! Now I really contemplate not having got any toads in the Kickstarter, it's a great fit and beautifully painted as well. Great job!

    Ps: thanks for commenting on my blog, probably wouldn't have found yours otherwise ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I'm a huge fan of your blog, have been following it since nearly the beginning.

      Yeah, the boglar army by David Powell is amazing. One day I want to have a similar force - I already own all 4A Goblins plus a lot of additional minis that would fit right in. I just have to paint them 😅. Sadly I think he sold his army (or at least parts of it) since I saw one of his trolls on ebay recently.

      Glad you enjoy my blog, hope you will check out future posts as well - there're lots of boglars waiting to get painted! 😄

      Delete

Post a Comment