#MonsterMarch6 - Boglar War Tortoise

 My first entry for Swordmaster's #MonsterMarch6 painting challenge is a warbeast for my boglars (swamp goblins). The model was originally a toy tortoise that I converted by sculpting a bigger jaw out of greenstuff and buidling a howdah using chopsticks. I actually built it around Christmas 2019 if I remember correctly, but didn't finish painting it. As the theme of the challenge is based around monstrous models, I decided now's the perfect time to complete the project.




The project was heavily influenced by Thantsants' War Tortoise, who also used a turtle as a mount for his swamp goblins. I tried to paint the model similar to the World of Warcraft Steeljaw Snapper, which was the pet of my orc hunter ages ago. Lorewise, I see it as some kind of tortoise-squig, which was tamed by the Boglars and named Dursquiggo.
I tried to give the base a swampy look by adding some swamp tufts by Army Painter, lichen from my garden and Agrax Earthshade Gloss.


 The bits on the howdah are mainly from Ogor kits such as the Stonehorn and the Mournfang Riders, together with some lizardmen/Seraphon and Savage Orcs/Bonesplitterz shields.

Comments