Mortal Citizens Nov 2022 - Growler, Squig Hound

My entry for November's #mortalcitizens is a classic squig sculpt from Warhammer Quest: Lair of the Orc Lord. The theme was Companion/Pet/Retainer and I think good old Growler fits it perfectly.

Growler the Squig Hound has fended off generations of pesky adventurers that dared to intrude his master's lair.






The colour scheme was inspired by the squig on the cover of the WH40K second edition Codex: Orks, which was a book that I studied extensively as a child.

Of course this miniature is another entry for Dave Stone's Paint What You Got Challenge.

I actually own the Orc Warboss Gorgut as well, let's see when I'll get around to painting him.


Comments

  1. One of my all time favourite Squig models, and wonderfully painted to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's also one of my favourites, the model has a lot of character.

      Delete
  2. An unusual and interesting color choice. Green fits it surprisingly well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would say green always works in an army of greenskins, haha :D

      Delete

Post a Comment