A Lone Wolf

Some of our Dungeons & Dragons characters own pets that fight alongside our party, so I decided to prepare some miniatures of them as well. Today I present to you the pet wolf of our Wood Elf Ranger that I finished last month. Of course it's another entry for Dave's "Paint What You Got" challenge 2024.

The base of the model is a Chaos Warhound, while the head and tail are from a Fenrisian Wolf. I took this idea from Sebastian Stuart's fantastic guide to kitbashing Goblin Wolf Riders. I always loved his Goblins of the Bloody Shield Tribe and plan on making some of my own in the near future, so this wolf was kind of a test model.


I went with an upright pose, since I wanted to put the wolf on a square 25mm base like the other miniatures. As the Chaos Warhounds are a bit smaller than regular Warhammer wolves, this worked like a charm. I went for a rather simple paint job, using mostly drybrushing and Contrast paints - I'm quite happy with the result given how little time I invested.

The remaining D&D characters are a rogue and a warlock with his pet and there's also some Ogres in the pipeline - hope to finish all of them this month, in time for the challenge.

Comments

  1. Well, this pet isn't really a poodle... The change on the wolf is brilliant, and thanks for pointing us to Sebastian's tutorial. We like the warm colour of the fur, which also goes well with the green of its owner. Once again we have doubts about who could go against such a powerful party, if there are also such an animal to lend a hand...Tiamat?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R&D! Haha, I'm afraid the miniatures look more menacing than our characters are, we're still quite low-level. But who knows, maybe we'll someday fight against mighty Tiamat!

      Delete
  2. Nice bit of kitbashing and really brought to life with your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great conversion snapfit, and the colour choices work well with the different colours which is very natural for wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave! You're an expert in painting natural looking animals, so I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. It was was a very good idea to combine the chaos warhound and the fenrisian wolf! They fit quite well together and the size is just fine. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Credit goes to Sebastian for the idea, I just followed his guide. I'll soon be making more wolves like this to create a few goblin wolf riders.

      Delete

Post a Comment