Great Mawpot & Mawpit - Season of Scenery
For this year's edition of Dave's Season of Scenery challenge, I decided to paint some terrain for my ogres/ogors. The Great Mawpot and Mawpit both are religious sites of the ogors, places where the shamanistic butchers perform their rituals.
The Great Mawpot is a large cauldron, built from looted metal and contains a magical stew that makes the ogors that consume it more powerful (a bit like the magic potion from Asterix and Obelix, haha).
I quite enjoyed painting it and used different metal paints to emphasize its ramshackle look. There's a lot of cool details on the model, like the looted shields that were used as building materials.
The Mawpot's content gives some insights into an ogor's diet - apparently, they quite enjoy carrots!
To make the stew seem more like a liquid, I applied a coat of gloss varnish over the surface.
The Mawpits are more or less smaller versions of the Great Maw from Warhammer Fantasy, my colour choices were inspired by its depiction in Total War: Warhammer III. A very cool design, reminds me a bit of the Sarlacc from Star Wars.
The model itself is pretty large, but it was easy to paint since it's mostly teeth, stone and bone - all of which can be done quickly with Contrast paints. To make the stone look more interesting, I applied different shades as well as moss and lichen effect on top of the grey basecoat.









Comments
Post a Comment